You may wonder what school governors do. To put it simply, governors are responsible for oversight of the whole school. We need to make sure that:
- Money is spent effectively for the benefit of the children in the school;
- Children are safe from harm, abuse and exploitation;
- Children can learn and make good progress;
- Children with special needs are not disadvantaged;
- The school listens to the needs of its community; and
- Staff are recruited and managed well.
The school management team run the school from day to day while the governing body must challenge and support them in doing this.
Some governors are school staff, some are parents and some are appointed by the local authority or the governing body to provide the skills we need.
Download our most recent newsletters below.