Every school needs to have a clear set of aims and ethos in order to pursue excellence. Below you’ll find an outline of ours, which will show you the educational model that we strive for.
We aim to equip pupils to be confident, responsible and well educated, so that they can fulfil positive roles in society. We will provide a just, stimulating and caring environment where excellence can develop through high quality learning experiences and where the individual needs and abilities of pupils are taken into account.
These values underpin our pupils’ spiritual, moral, cultural and social development and we will work in partnership with our parents and community to achieve this.
- to provide an inclusive centre of excellence where learning is fun and enjoyable;
- to create a safe, happy, healthy, and caring environment where all learners, pupils, staff, parents and wider community – are nurtured and valued;
- to raise standards of achievement for all pupils enabling them to maximise their potential through personalised learning supported by modern technology;
- to provide a broad, stimulating and enriching curriculum through which pupils are engaged and grow in knowledge, skills, confidence and self-esteem;
- to encourage pupils to develop lively, enquiring and imaginative minds and to become independent, enthusiastic and confident learners who enjoy the challenge of life in the 21st Century;
- to improve the aspirations and employment opportunities of all learners;
- to develop in all learners a reasoned set of positive attitudes, values, beliefs and behaviours and to encourage them to find sustainable solutions and become active citizens in a diverse world; and
- to be a proactive partner in the Danum Pyramid enabling access to a range of services and facilities for children, young people and their families so that the school and community are linked.
At the end of their time at Kingfisher primary School, all our children will take with them a love of learning by having:
- a high standard of core academic knowledge and skills
- the ability and desire to build on their knowledge and skills
- a strong set of practical, social and emotional life skills
- a sense of personal achievement
- a sense of personal pride in themselves, their school and their community
To achieve this, we will
- develop successful learners who are confident, inquisitive and independent
- create a culture of learning and discovery that is stimulating and enjoyable for both children and staff
- ensure our staff work together expertly and enthusiastically to deliver our curriculum in a safe, caring and positive manner